7/21/08

Okole goes 'mental...Elemental

I have always had a hard time playing my characters as melee DPS, but I tried by going Enhancement with Okole until I hit level 64. So, when I visited the trainer to get my new skills - I decided it was time to respec and try out the Elemental tree for a while. Hybrid casters seem a much more natural fit for my playstyle, and although I do like to smack things with a heavy club, it is easier to kill them if they have already been softened up with a few lightning bolts.

My first impression is that it's a lot like playing my Druid as Moonkin, which I always liked. I have to pay attention to cooldowns on my shocks more now than I did on the Drood, but so far I am liking it. I do need to learn where I put all the new skills on my toolbars though, that is the worst part of a respec for me. I am still in the process of converting my gear over from the Strength and Attack Power focus to Intelligence and Spell Damage. I did manage to acquire some gear along the way from drops and quest rewards that I held onto for just this situation.

I have not gotten into any instances with this spec yet, but I am going to try to run Hellfire Ramparts and Blood Furnace soon to see how it works out in a dungeon setting. I will be augmenting Elemental with Restoration to provide some healing in a pinch.

The thing I miss most so far is...Improved Ghost Wolf, no more instant cast escape ability. I just can't see a way to justify spending the points in the Enhancement tree to pick it up.

No comments: